Mexico: IFETEL updates NOM-208 for telecom and broadcasting products
The new PEC Procedures will enter into force on June 25, 2022.
The market approval for products with wireless technologies in Mexico is issued by the responsible authority Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones (IFETEL) and thus gives manufacturers the opportunity to market their products in Mexico.
IFTEL published updates to the “Conformity Assessment Procedure for Telecommunications and Broadcasting ” (PEC).
The Conformity Assessment NOM-208 applies to telecommunications, broadcasting products and devices that use the radio frequency spectrum.
The new PEC Procedures will enter into force on June 25, 2022 and include:
- The certificate owner will be allowed to include its affiliates, subsidiaries and importers to use the certificate.
Please note that each importer must be registered with all authorities.
- The number of samples is reduced to 1 sample for schemes 1, 2 and 4; except in cases where the applicable technical provisions specifically indicate, the obligation to present more than one sample. For Scheme 3 (Family Approval), 1 sample of 2 different models will be required.
- Test report validities will increase to 120 days. To address manufacturers confidentiality concerns, test reports are not a mandatory requirement to be submitted to IFETEL. However, IFETEL may request the reports for specific cases.
- The extension of the Certificate of Conformity in the “Sample by Product Model and Surveillance for more than one Lot” scheme, (Scheme 2) will be subject to a documentary analysis, as well as the corresponding record of the additional lots that are requested to be expanded in a Certificate Compliance, without requiring new test reports.
- The new regulations will now apply to used, second-hand, rebuilt, reconditioned or similar products where as in the past it only applied to new products only.
In case of any questions, feel free to get in touch us directly: https://cetecomadvanced.com/en/contact/