Safe and versatile battery testing at cetecom advanced
cetecom advanced – resulting from the merger of CTC advanced and CETECOM – supports the automotive industry by providing an external testing facility for propagation and abuse tests on batteries.
We offer our customers the following tests in this context:
- Performing propagation tests
- Trigger methods: Nail penetration, overcharge / overcurrent, overheating.
- Short circuit tests with max. 1 kV/20 kA for 10s
- Fuel fire
- Drop tests
- Electrolyte leakage by means of flashover (RollOver)
- Analyses / forensics after tests
- Burn-through safety of transport containers for Li-Ion batteries
- Misconnection of modules during battery production
- Tests according to customer specifications
The enhancement of our crush tests for test specimens up to a size of 200 x 160 x 60 cm and a force of max. 120 kN (according to ECE R 100/136) is in preparation.
All tests are also documented with (high-speed) data loggers, video recordings and BMS/BUS logging.
Another major advantage of this facility, which makes the test capacity of cetecom advanced unique in Germany – is the possibility to test particularly large batteries. A footprint of 240 x 180 cm and a height of 200 cm are available for conducting abuse tests. Batteries with a total mass of up to 1,000 kg can be tested in the inner test chamber.
By using an external site with a connection to the infrastructure of a vehicle testing area, we carry out these tests in a virtually explosion-proof environment. An exhaust air system with gas scrubbing system and flue gas cooling also separates generated outgassing up to 200 m³ per minute. The required safety in case of fire is ensured by a remote-controlled CO2 extinguishing system and an emergency water fogging system.
Do you need a reliable service provider for battery testing that offers you security and flexibly available testing dates? Do not hesitate to contact us directly: email@example.com / +49 681 598-0